Read Blogs by Categories
We wrote . . .
- Buying Antique Furniture: The Ins and Outs of the Game!
- How Do I Take Care of THIS?
- East Lake Sofa-Bed Upholstery #3: Finish Reparation
- East Lake Sofa-Bed Upholstery #2B: Repair
- Chinese General Guard Statue Conservation Treatment
- East Lake Sofa-Bed Upholstery #2A: Repair
- Eastlake Sofa-Bed Upholstery Conservation #1: Excavation
- Traditional Shellac Varnish: Mixing and Tips For the Best Coat
- Tabletop Restoration: Impurities in Shellac and other Woes
- Mid-Century Modern: My Kinda Furniture
We now SELL Monterey + California Pieces!
Category Archives: painted furniture
by DKP “Chinese General Guard’s Treatment” is a slide show of MPF Conservation’s treatment of a pair of Chinese statues meant to be door guards. The treatment is a mixture of conservation techniques and restoration techniques. Both statues were dirty … Continue reading
by DKP Note: If you have started here, you might want to begin at the first blog and work your way through the interim report on the desk. Mason “antiqued” their pieces to make them look old, and to do … Continue reading