When not conserving furniture, I am an armchair philosopher.
Things I know for certain:
- That most cats are intrinsically better humans than people.
- That the mind is like tofu; it takes on the flavor of any “sauce” in which it is marinated.
- That creating and applying traditional wood finishes are more similar to the creation of confection than the practice of wood craft.
- That when logic and feeling collide, feeling always wins.
- That truth embodied in a tale is an effective way to become that which you observe; my cat’s insist this is utter nonsense as Tennyson actually claimed, “Truth embodied in a tail“.