Please excuse while we are under construction and updating!
- For Example: Chinese Diorama Table, 1
- Desks + Cabinets + Chests of Drawers
- Chairs + Rockers + Footstools
- Carousel Horses (Jantzen Beach Carousel)
- Statues + other misc. objects
- Waxes + Traditional Finishes
Using conservation and restoration techniques, we repair broken parts, veneers, damaged finishes, marbletops and missing metalwork (ormalu) in a manner that allows you to retain the value of your piece. To that end:
- Reparation of broken, missing or irreplaceable parts is performed whenever possible with original parts, barriers and reversible adhesives unless that is not feasible for the life of the item.
- Holes are conserved, degraded glues are removed, and new era-appropriate and/or reversible glues are used, such as hide glues.
- If necessary, we replicate missing or failed parts from vintage or reclaimed wood; we never use woods from non-renewable sources.
- Hardware is found from salvaged parts or created using traditional techniques.
- Finishes are repaired using traditional matching finishes or in accordance with modern museum guidelines. (See information on Traditional Finishes or Painted Finishes + Lacquered Objects.)
- Client’s are consulted when necessary if replacement is our only option.
dkatiepowell [@} aol.com / mitchellrpowell [@] aol.com
(So sorry, but we got too much spam; please copy
and remove the spaces and [ ] to make the links live!)
503.970.2509 / 541.531.2383
©MPF Conservation. May be printed for your own use.
Notify if you repost: use our url + copyright is used as reference.